Chipotle Flank Steak Tacos With Pineapple Salsa
- 12 soft corn tortillas
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder plus 1 pinch, divided
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt, divided
- 1 pound flank steak beef, trimmed of fat
- 1 pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/2-inch-thick rings
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- Preheat grill to high. Stack tortillas and wrap in heavy-duty foil. Combine oil, 1 teaspoon chipotle powder, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a small dish. Rub mixture into both sides of steak. Place the tortilla stack on the coolest part of the grill or upper warming rack, if possible, and heat, flipping once, until warmed through and very pliable.
- Meanwhile, grill the steak for 4 to 6 minutes per side for medium, or until desired doneness. Grill pineapple rings until moderately charred, 1 to 2 minutes per side. Remove the tortillas, steak, and pineapple from the grill. Let the steak rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing very thinly crosswise into strips.
- Meanwhile, dice the pineapple and transfer to a medium bowl. Add bell pepper, onion, cilantro, vinegar, the remaining pinch of chipotle powder, and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt; toss to combine. Serve the sliced steak in the warm tortillas with the pineapple salsa.
Makes 6 servings.
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 16 mins
Total Time: 21 mins
Number of Servings: 6
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat: 8 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Cholesterol: 29 mg
Sodium: 378 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 36 g
Dietary Fiber: 5 g
Protein: 19 g
Recipe reprinted with the permission of EatingWell.com.